On 1 July 2020, the Australian Government announced the foundational programs for the Future Drought Fund. These programs will help boost the performance of Australian agriculture and increase its resilience to the impacts of drought.
The $5 billion Future Drought Fund provides secure, continuous funding for drought resilience initiatives. It will help Australian farms and communities prepare for the impacts of drought. Programs include:
- Drought resilience self-assessment tool
- Climate services for agriculture program
- Natural resource management drought resilience program – Landscapes
- Natural resource management drought resilience program – Grants
- Drought resilience research and adoption
- Networks for building drought resilience
- Drought resilience leaders
- Farm business resilience program
- Regional drought resilience planning
Further details of each program will be published as it becomes available. Please register at www.haveyoursay.agriculture.gov.au/future-drought-fund to be kept informed of announcements.
For full details, Read the media release